Saturday, January 30, 2016

Anti-Club Playlist: Country Night!

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry St. Ristorante (aka The Anti-Club) in downtown Fullerton. Last night's theme was "Old School Country Music."  Here's what I played...

“Games People Play” by Dolly Parton


“King of the Road” by Roger Miller


“I’m an Outlaw” by Kurt Vile


“Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” by Bobby Bare


“Highwayman” by The Highwaymen


“The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” by Joan Baez


“It Was Jesus” by Johnny Cash


“Jolene” by Dolly Parton


“Mama You’ve Been On My Mind” by Johnny Cash


“I Like Beer” by Tom T. Hall


“Mexico City” by Jolie Holland


“La Jaula de Oro” by Los Tigres del Norte


“The Matador and the Fuzz” by Spindrift


“Shake Shake Mama” by Bob Dylan


“Just for Chevron” by Dirty Projectors


“Have You Ever Seen the Rain?” by Creedence Clearwater Revival


“That’s How I Got to Memphis” by Natural Child


“The Rider Song” by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis


“Am I That Lonely Tonight?” by Justin Townes Earle


“Fools and Sages” by Jonny Corndawg


“Hey Good Lookin” by Hank Williams


“Tell Me That it Isn’t True” by Bob Dylan


“Satan Taps My Head” by The Abigails


“Convoy” by C.W. McCall


“I’ve Been Everywhere” by Statler Bros.


“A Trucker’s Prayer” by Dave Dudley


“White Lightning Express” by Roy Drusky


“I’m Movin’ On” by Matt Lucas


“Running Bear” by Johnny Preston


“Walk a Mile in My Shoes” by Jerry Lee Lewis


“The Wayward Wind” by Teresa Brewer


“Born To Be With You” by Patti Page


“I Love You Because” by George Jones


“The Promise” by Sturgill Simpson


See you next Friday night at The Anti-Club!